Thursday 4 March 2010

Inner Paths

Sometimes I feel nothing but bewilderment at where things come from. As I drove home from work last night a line came to me in the car. "The night enfolds us in her gentle embrace". By the time I got home I completely forgot about it. Later when I remembered, all I could do was remember that I had thought of a line but not what is was.

This is something that's happened before and I've tried to get in the habit of writing them down on the spot. I once stopped by the side of the road and scribbled hurriedly on an old serviette. So, I didn't give it any more thought until a few minutes ago, thinking it was gone. Then out of nowhere it reemerged along with a few more lines.

As with Away from the dark I'm unsure of the meaning as yet, maybe even more so this time. I'd love to know what you think it means, and perhaps more relevantly I'd love to know what it means to you, if anything



Inner Paths

The night enfolds us in her gentle embrace
Her darkly soft arms, her caress
Her touch calming our fears
The cares of the day melt away

Closing our eyes we drift slowly away
To a place not here, not now
Our deepest thoughts and feelings
Rise slowly to meld with our minds

Mind, body, spirit… meditating
On the slowly rising tide of being
Gazing at last deep into ourselves
Wondering… wondering

What secrets lie beneath the veils of self?
What treasures yet to be unearthed?
The journey at last begun
Toward the life within

Many steps, many paths, many roads
Lie ahead, untrodden, uncharted
They await a footfall to make them real
As they call to us endlessly

The gentle echo of their whisper urging
Us onward, deeper into… where?
Is this our self buried deep within
Unseen, unheard, unknown

Yet for all the dark mystery within
Perhaps this is where we need to live
To exist… to be…
Within our deepest self… always

No comments:

Post a Comment