Thursday 8 October 2009

...and so it begins :)

I wasn't sure for a long time whether or not to write this blog. In the end I was convinced that its something I want to commit myself to.

So why am I here?
The motivation behind this blog is that I want to share, with whoever is interested, the beauty I see in the world. Through writing, through pictures, through music. The beauty I see in life and the world around me is one of the things that keeps me going when things are not ideal, and something that lifts me even more when things are going well.

As I was was thinking about this blog the other day I stumbled across something I jotted down a few months ago and forgot. A little poem written in a brief moment of inspiration:
A tear shed in joy
Lifts a moment that remains
Forever here
Forever now
Fresh and verdant as tomorrow
The promise of spring
The fulfilment of summer
Embraced as one

It seemed to be a good place to start this off.

It remains to be seen if I can maintain the commitment to continue sharing my little glimpses of beauty :)

5 comments:

  1. yes do put your pictures here as well Steve. Beauty is something we should always be on the look out for.

    June

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your blog, Steve! I find beginning is the hardest part, but you have chosen to write about something that comes naturally for you, and that is inexhaustible.
    I look forward to reading what you come up with. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments :) When I first started diving more deeply into the area of social media/networking I didn't really get the importance of the feedback aspect of it all. I suspect I don't fully get it still, but I have realised that it is one of the most crucial, if not the most crucial part. It's not just about putting myself out there it's about dialogue. Without that it's not social at all. Just advertising.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't usually get feedback on my blog, but I know that there are subscribers, and that makes me happy (I got a new one today :o) ). I hope that by being a 'follower' of your blog I will get email notification of your latest posts?
    Anyhow, thank you very, very much for putting Postmodern Critic on your Blog List! :oD It means a lot to me, and I will mention your blog in one of my upcoming posts! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your blog Steve! Keep writing and looking forward to reading more of your nice blogs:-)!

    ReplyDelete