Monday 26 July 2010

A moment in red

I was walking on the track to West Head in the Northern Beaches area of Sydney today and came across a beautiful Redgum on the side of the track. I stayed there for a few minutes just enjoying the peace of the moment.

Later I was reflecting on the day and feeling that I needed to write something. The memory of the moment stood admiring that beautiful Redgum inspired me to write this.

A moment in red

Upon the path another step
A secret view that nature's kept
Only revealed for few to see
An insight granted now for me

Standing graceful, calm and strong
A sentry over years so long
Her presence touches hearts that pass
And reaches out to those that ask

I gaze upon her curves in red
A gentle touch, no word is said
A hand upon the bark will rest
Almost as if at her behest

Her life a balm to slow the day
Creates a yearning just to stay
Close beside, beneath her shade
I'll linger here now, if I may

I walk away and find my soul
Enriched by insight not my own
Rather life has given me
A moment with this wondrous tree

So now the memory remains
My life may even be the same
Save for a simple moment's time
When I could leave the world behind

No comments:

Post a Comment