Friday 16 July 2010

A leaf

I thought I'd try something a little different. I've wanted for a while to be able to write on a more regular basis and decided to look at the process from another perspective. A friend suggested recently that I think about combining more than one art form. This an attempt to do that.
Closing my eyes in a warm quiet room I let my mind wander to see where it would lead me. After a few minutes I remembered a photo I had taken recently of a leaf. I followed the thought and this is where it would lead me... 

I can feel the stir of life begin
Emerging with a gentle urgency  
A crisp, clean spring awaits
My first tentative, tender reach
















Uplifted by the golden, warming sun
The urgency now strong, driven
Into spring into life
At last bursting green and verdant
  


















The raindrops for upon me
Quenching, filling, giving
To me, my work increases
A channel for life and growth

Time passes... day by day
Slowing, tiring, toiling
The days are growing longer
One by one. I feel it coming

A chill touch heralds the coming end
A willing sacrifice I need to make
To help the greater life
To live, to grow, to prosper
















Darkness all around is all
I see and feel now
The welcome end is nigh
A final sigh, I give my last, 

I am no more, an empty husk
The merest breath of wind
Enough to breach the bond
Of leaf to tree, I am no more



















In my final sacrifice I gave
What little life I had to give
That once again the cycle might
Turn to life in spring once more

No comments:

Post a Comment