Tuesday 6 July 2010

Reflections & friends

I saw a friend today that I hadn't seen for what felt like forever but in reality was probably less than a year. She's someone that had a profound impact on me in terms of writing poetry. One of the immediate things that happened after I saw her was that I wanted to write again. More importantly I had something to write :)

I saw you today... I saw you
The tears in my eyes reminding me
Of your beauty and peace
Perhaps today I really saw you

I talked with you today... we talked
And thoughts and words within my mind
That started in my heart...
Today we talked

I remembered you today... memories
That drift in placid harmony
And always comfort... lift... inspire
Today another precious memory

I needed you today... A need
Unperceived, for your inspiration
Now, as then, the unseen door did open
Today a need fulfilled

Today our paths have crossed... again
On a red brick way that wends
Beneath the white and gentle pale
Today we tread the path anew

Today... an absent friend...
A presence deeply felt in hearts
That yearn to ease her burden
Today... and always

I saw you today and looked inside myself again

Sometimes we meet people who leave a lasting, profound and positive impression on us. Both of the people who inspired this poem have done that for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment